The Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School (PALCS) is a public cyber charter school. This means that all Pennsylvanian children in kindergarten through 12th grade are eligible to enroll in PALCS, tuition-free, and attend school on the Internet.
PALCS students receive a complete desktop computer system, including a printer/scanner/copier and microphone headset. Laptop computers may be provided to families with special circumstances. Families provide their own Internet access, which we reimburse throughout the school year. Students receive both textbooks and online materials.
Students log in to our school website during the school year to access their courses. For a complete listing of courses, visit our curriculum page.
Courses are taught by over one hundred and fifty certified and highly qualified teachers, who personally create all course content. Students interact daily with their teachers, who provide feedback and support for all schoolwork.
PALCS offers several special programs for students enrolled in the school. Our programs inspire young leaders, nurture performing and fine arts talents, and encourage gifted and special needs students.
- View our School Profile and Report Card (.pdfs) to see fast facts about PALCS
- Explore our Curriculum and see Example Lessons
- Attend an Information Session online or in-person
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Compare our program to district cyber programs
- Find out how Parents/Guardians are involved
- Meet our Teachers